2011 Board of Directors Elections
Passive House California (PHCA) is currently guided by a 9-seat board of directors. Terms for four of the directors will be complete on December 31; second annual elections, open to current PHCA Members in good standing, are now slated for November to fill the open seats. Five candidates submitted Nominee Applications and will be vying for the four open seats; meet them at the November 20 PHCA meeting:
--> Board Candidates
Nomination and Election Timeline
Current board members serving two-year terms, who will remain on the board through 2012, include:
- Bronwyn Barry
- James Bill
- Mary James
- George J Nesbitt
- Barbara Oldershaw
Current board members serving a one-year term, who will either step down or run for a new two-year term, include:
- Katy Hollbacher
- Chris Polk (was appointed to replace board member who resigned)
- Kevin Stamm
- Nabih Tahan
2012 Board of Directors Seats
- The number of board members will be nine in 2012.
- Four of the nine seats are open for voting by PHCA Members in this election cycle.
- There is no limit to the number of eligible candidates that may nominate themselves for a seat.
- The newly elected board will designate officers or other board roles amongst themselves. Board terms are two years.
- A majority of the board must be Certified Passive House Consultants (CPHCs). In the event election results yield four or fewer CPHCs, the next CPHC(s) with the largest number of votes will replace the non-CPHC candidate(s) with the lowest number of votes until a CPHC majority is attained.
- No more than one employee from the same firm or company may serve on the Board simultaneously.